[Tweeters] A new bird behavior discovery - for me

Dennis Paulson via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Sat Jul 27 16:43:33 PDT 2024

Jim, it seems to me that birds are able to do that, hold their heads steady as they move their bodies in different positions. That long, flexible neck facilitates that greatly. Watch a coot or pigeon moving and note their bobbing head. They are holding their head still, presumably for better vision, as the body moves under it.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle