[Tweeters] RE Decline in swallow numbers

Jerry Tangren via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 23 13:31:29 PDT 2024

I apologize for not reading carefully all of the posts on this topic.

With all the suggested causes, I‘d like to add

1. urbanization and reduced populations of flying insects
2. Problems on the wintering grounds. Not sure how far our cold temperatures intruded south, but many swallows winter not too much farther south. However, it could be more than weather, but also an otherwise loss of food resources.

* Jerry Tangren