[Tweeters] Nestbox (pre-made cavity) nesting swallows

HAL MICHAEL via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 22 14:38:50 PDT 2024

Two places where In had both Tree and VG swallows (Dungeness hatchery and a rural Olympia home) the VG's seemed to prefer boxes that were in the coolest. most shaded location like the west side of a barn or under a large eave. They weren't out in the open where the Trees were happy. But tis is only based a few VG's.

Hal Michael
Board of Directors,Ecologists Without Borders (http://ecowb.org/)
Olympia WA
360-459-4005