[Tweeters] Edmonds Roundup - June 2024

Alan Knue via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Sun Jul 21 19:39:15 PDT 2024

Hello Carol,

Your post reminded me to make sure you saw that we had a female kestrel on the Edmonds side of the trail on July 7:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S185867816

This is the second time we’ve had a kestrel in July around Lake Balinger. We heard a kestrel in the Park on July 13th as well, but did not see it[ not sure if it was the same individual or not but it seems possible. The park has a lot of large cottonwoods, so it could be a place where kestrels nest in the future especially if the changes they make in the park are good for wildlife (crossing fingers).

Also, I did add a description to the House Wren we saw first on May 1, the only date we had it on the Edmonds side of the trail. We also audio recorded this wren on 3 occasions and the recordings I was able to get can be found on these checklists:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S171321154
https://ebird.org/checklist/S171974157
https://ebird.org/checklist/S173012753

Charles have taken photos on May 9th- I know he tried but it was rather uncooperative (as it was most days it was present). I’ll have him check.

I hope these reports are helpful and you are having g good summer.

Best, Alan

Alan J. Knue
Edmonds, WA