[Tweeters] Fireworks, Motion - and birds ... ?

Steve Hampton via Tweeters tweeters at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 8 18:42:55 PDT 2024

There are documented cases where fireworks displays have wreaked havoc on
seabird colonies. A Brandt's Cormorant colony at Cape Viscaino, CA was once
decimated by gulls after fireworks flushed the adults off the eggs and
chicks. I've heard of similar concerns at other coastal locations. I assume
the fireworks must have been really loud professional ones pretty close to
the colony.

--
​Steve Hampton​
Port Townsend, WA (qatáy)