[Tweeters] Townsend's Warblers or the lack of ...

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Mon Mar 27 11:38:32 PDT 2023

We have had a male Townsend’s all winter here in Maple Leaf, as well as two Yellow-rumped. We have been truly amazed at the 10 or so (Audubon’s) Yellow-rumped that arrived in the yard on 26 February and have thronged the feeders ever since. They clearly travel as a flock, as one minute they are all over the yard, then they’re gone for a while, but they visit numerous times during the day. Like juncos, they form flocks, but they can be very aggressive to one another within the flock. They are just starting to molt into breeding plumage.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle