[Tweeters] Lake Fenwick near Kent (Dead Swan)

Craig Cummings yakteachr at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 12 13:08:05 PDT 2023

FWIW, I went by Lake Fenwick this morning and was able to confirm Martha Jordan's report of a dead swan on the far bank of the pond across from and just north of the non-motorized boat launch. I was not able to confirm a species, but the plumage suggested a juvenile bird.
There were a good number and variety of live waterfowl per my eBird report below.https://ebird.org/checklist/S130772495

Craig CummingsFederal Way
-------------------------Date: 3/11/23 4:01 pmFrom: Martha Jordan <mj.cygnus...>Subject: [Tweeters] Lake Fenwick near KentI got a call from a woman who visits the lake often. She was out on theboardwalk area, and saw a white body across the lake up in the brush. Shethinks it is a swan.If anybody gets out that way and has a scope or great binocs pleasetake a look and let me know. You can go to the non-motorized launch, thenleft onto the walkway. Just at the first bend look directly across thelake. There is likely something there along the shoreline.A photographer reports seeing an adult with juvenile theresomewhat recently.From Google maps it looks like a great place for birds and wildlife.Thanks.
Martha JordanEverett, WA