[Tweeters] REMINDER WOS Monthly Meeting, Mon., March 6, 7:30 pm George Divoky to present The Birdwatcher Who Saw the Future Looks Back on Half a Century of Arctic Change

meetings at wos.org meetings at wos.org
Thu Mar 2 07:51:22 PST 2023

The Washington Ornithological Society is delighted to invite you to our next Monthly Meeting on March 6 when George Divoky will be our presenter.  His research on the Black Guillemots of Cooper Island and the impact of climate change on this population have been highlighted in cover stories in the New York Times magazine “George Divoky’s Planet,” and Audubon’s “Can These Seabirds Adapt Fast Enough to Survive a Melting Arctic?”

On Tues, March 7, George will deliver a parallel but different presentation at Town Hall.  Come to one, come to both!

Attendance details:  WOS is excited to announce that this meeting will be conducted as a hybrid event.
•   You are welcome to join us at the University of Washington’s Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 NE 41st St. in Seattle.  Doors will open at 6:30.  Wearing of masks indoors will be required.
•   You are also invited to attend on-line.  Please go to http://wos.org/about-wos/monthly-meetings/ for instructions on participation and to get the Zoom link.  Sign-in will begin at 7:15 pm.

This meeting is open to all as WOS invites everyone in the wider birding community to attend.  If you are not yet a member, I hope you will consider becoming one at http://wos.org/about-wos/membership/.

Please join us!

Vicki King
WOS Program Coordinator