[Tweeters] Wrentit question and Pacific Cty Bullock's Oriole

casey cunningham redpeelingbark at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 19:36:56 PST 2023

Hi Tweeters,

Yesterday i was on the north jetty rocks of the Columbia and heard a note i
couldn't identify that made me think of wrentits, and I remember someone
mentioning a possible wrentit at this location. The note reminds me of the
first note in their song and seemed to be coming from in the boulders. I'm
not saying it was a wrentit, just that it was wrentittian. Anyone know
this call? Am i forgetting something obvious?

https://ebird.org/checklist/S127237513

I couldn't get a view of the source and the only birds i saw on the rocks
nearby were two song sparrows.

On another note, this morning there was a bullock's oriole in Long Beach.
More detail here:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S127238468

Casey Cunningham
Portland