[Tweeters] Goshawks

Nelson Briefer nreiferb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:05:06 PST 2023

So, Scott W. has another book published. In the book he states something
like— goshawks may be living in Texas. Goshawks are living in Texas and
have been for years. Here are some of the locations where I have observed
more than one goshawk in Texas— Rockport, Galveston, Tyler, Houston(
Kemah), and Aransas NWR. All of these hawks were in flight. They were not
in migration. Single sightings on NG were in Livingston, near the Louisiana
border, Georgetown, somewhat near Austin, Bacliff, and near the Houston
Cruise Ship Terminal. Also at the largest cock fighting hatchery in the
U.S. or possibly the world — Thackersville, OK. I am contemplating giving a
class — How to find and identify goshawks. Probably once a week in Spring
and Fall. Location— Skagit County and Island County. The class will be 1
hour. One half hour will be tactics and strategies. Such as, choosing a
location, how much time to spend observing any particular vector and how to
use abrupt weather changes. I will not accept any donations. Nelson Briefer
— Anacortes. An erstwhile resident of Williamsport, Pa. North Central PA.
Is loaded with NG. NB.