[Tweeters] Palm Springs? Nah. How about Skagit East?

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 23:52:42 PST 2023

After enjoying a gorgeous bluebird day in Horse Heaven Hills, I
stopped at my favorite spot along Toppenish Creek hoping to find
Greater White-fronted Geese. Specklebellies might have been there, but
I dipped. I was entirely distracted by 2,900 + 120 + 60 Snow Geese.
Five Ross's Geese and five dark morph "Blue" Geese sweetened the pot.
I was blown away. Calling friends, I wished I had a camera crew. As
the sun set, all but one left. Then it left too. I called one more
friend, then I too left. I wonder where they came from and where
they're going when.

Good Birding,
https://www.aba.org/aba-code-of-birding-ethics/
Kevin Lucas
Yakima County, WA

p.s. I counted by tens twice, each time coming up just shy of 3,000. I
saw flocks of 120 and 60 fly over. 312 was my previous Yakima high
count.