[Tweeters] African Collared-Dove

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:43:44 PST 2023

Kevin,

Yes, this seems to be an African Collared-Dove. I have a diagram of the two
tail patterns from an old NA Birds article in my blogpost here:
https://thecottonwoodpost.net/2018/11/01/why-are-so-many-eurasian-collared-doves-leucistic/

I'm not sure it would be confirmed, as they are considered escapees and not
officially counted anyway (hence the orange asterisk that eBird now puts on
them).

By the way, your location name on eBird got mixed up, but I believe the
lat-long is still accurate-- a park in Yakima.

good birding,

--
​Steve Hampton​
Port Townsend, WA (qatáy)