[Tweeters] First Bird of 2023

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Sun Jan 1 14:51:52 PST 2023

Happy New Year!

Our first of the year was a pair of Bald Eagles sitting on top of
the tree in front of our house. Just hanging out - but looking at
the fields below them in case sumpin happens.
Second thru 600th (more) were Trumpeters (and probably some Tundras)
that have been showing up almost in the Butler Flats area every day for
more than a month. We probably have twice as many swans this year
compared to last year - that's a guestimate and may be more related
to the birds being where we can see them from out house (spotting
scope) ... so maybe just a "more in Skagit County" but maybe more
birds came to this New Year's Party than last year?
- Jim in Skagit