[Tweeters] FOY Band-tailed Pigeon

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:40:37 PST 2023

Just had a first of the year (season) Band-tailed pigeon in the bird feeding area next to my house. We had 4 inches of snow overnight and the area is shoveled and stocked with food so he should be able to handle the weather.

The flock that comes back to my place every year overwinter in NW California. I know they had snow in Humboldt County the other day so I hope this guy wasn't trying to escape that weather only to end up in the snow field that is my yard this morning.

Also, I've had a Slate-colored Junco all winter. He's kept company with the 2-3 dozen resident juncoes. The only good thing about snow is getting to see al the skulkers that hang out on the forest floor and we don't get to see that often like the Varied Thrush and the dozen plus Spotted Towhees.

Mary Hrudkaj
Belfair/Tahuya