[Tweeters] seek birding guide (book) for Ecuador

G M ARCHAMBAULT gm72125 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 15 16:38:00 PST 2023

I always rely upon the Nigel Wheatley series, "Where to Find Birds in ... " for each continent / region.  Some are a little dated, but they are extremely useful, with useful maps and access info, and endemic & specialty species listed for each site covered.  If you use these and carefully study your destination on eBird, using the "Hotspots" feature, you really do not need anything else.  The bar graphs on eBird give you a good idea of what you can expect to find at each site.  Best, -Ken Archambault, Birmingham, Alabama