[Tweeters] Blue morph in flock of snow geese at the Samish Flats East 90

Cynthia Simonsen csimonsen52 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:15:55 PST 2023

Hello tweeters,

The usual suspects have been hanging around the East 90, Short-eared owls,
Western meadowlarks, Northern Harriers, Snow Geese and lots of birders. We
were lucky to spot a blue morph in the the snow geese flock. Second blue
morph for us this year. Pictures in my eBird checklist.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S128321891/media

We also had to drive around a birder who stopped on the road for at least
15 minutes. Fussing with equipment, in and out of the car, and blocking the
traffic heading to Samish Island. We’ve been birding in these spots for
over 15 years. Only recently have people been parking on the road itself!
Perhaps we need some clarifying signage before birders have regulations
that limit access.

Happy birding!
Cindy