[Tweeters] The owl and the harrier

Robert O'Brien baro at pdx.edu
Mon Feb 13 19:44:09 PST 2023

Just recalled a more amazing story. Heard this on OBOL a few years back.
A Peregrine was harassing a Bald Eagle at Yaquina Bay, Newport OR.
Repeatedly dive-bombing an eagle just cruising through. Flew back up, dove
again. Feisty.
After a few such passes, the Eagle got fed up (literally) On the next pass
the Eagle simply flipped upside down, grabbing the peregrine. Lunch had
been served. (Actually lunch had _been_ the server!)
Bob OBrien Portland
PS Honest, I'm no making this stuff up.

>>> https://jackstephens.zenfolio.com/p763235708/e57c27b2e