[Tweeters] The owl and the harrier

Jack Stephens jstephens62 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 14:53:58 PST 2023

Earlier this winter I was up at the East 90 on the Samish Flats
photographing Short-eared Owls. As often happens, they were skirmishing
with the Northern Harriers there that occupy a similar ecological niche.
These two birds spared briefly before flying off in opposite directions.
Only when I reviewed the images later did I realize that the harrier had
flipped completely upside down in flight, to meet the attacking owl with
her talons. I thought this was too cool to not share.

https://jackstephens.zenfolio.com/p763235708/e57c27b2e

Jack Stephens
Edmonds, WA