[Tweeters] Pigeon Guillemot in Breeding Plumage in Early February?

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Sun Feb 5 10:43:17 PST 2023

Thanks, Shelley. Not as extensive a molt as in the alcids, but indeed all three of the cormorants start putting on breeding plumes surprisingly early in the year, well before their breeding seasons. Someone should be taking blood samples to see if their hormone levels are rising already.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle