[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-09-15
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:09:00 PDT 2022
Tweets - An unexpectedly quiet day at Marymoor today. It was about 10
degrees warmer than last week at the start, but the temperature stayed in
the low 60's all morning. Overcast, windless. Quiet. Did I mention quiet?
- Peep sp. - My thought is Least Sandpiper, but we can't be sure.
Oddly, flying north, low over the Dog Meadow, by itself
- Western Screech-Owl - Matt and I saw one from the boardwalk before 6
- Hairy Woodpecker - One across the slough from the start of the
- Merlin - Seen twice. We've had one 3 of the last 5 weeks
- Swainson's Thrush - About 5 heard pre-dawn
- Purple Finch - Many, with a little vireo-like singing
- Fox Sparrow - First of Fall (*FOF*), heard singing, calling, but unseen
- Orange-crowned Warbler - Seen fleetingly at several locations. 5-6
- Black-throated Gray Warbler - One at the Rowing Club
- Western Tanager - One near the windmill
That a few birds were singing was notable. Birds have been calling, but
recently we've had few species singing until this week. Singing birds
included Anna's Hummingbird, Brown Creeper, Bewick's Wren, American Robin,
Purple Finch, Fox Sparrow, and Song Sparrow.
Misses today included Vaux's Swift, Green Heron, Bald Eagle, Red-tailed
Hawk (3rd straight week missing), Willow Flycatcher, Marsh Wren, American
Pipit (might have heard one), Golden-crowned Sparrow, and Yellow Warbler.
For the day, just 52 species.
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters