[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-09-01
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:49:27 PDT 2022
One of the quietest days ever. LONG stretches of walking without even
hearing a chickadee or Song Sparrow. Completely empty skies.
Highlights (this will be short):
- Greater Yellowlegs - one called 2-3 times while flying high and
- Western Screech-Owl - Matt heard one while all was still dark
- Hairy Woodpecker - one far west of the slough south of the Dog Area,
but we managed to get miniscule looks
- Warbling Vireo - one with chickadees near East Footbridge
- Chestnut-backed Chickadee - notably many
- Brown-headed Cowbird - one juvenile on Fields 7-8-9
- Yellow Warbler - I glimpsed one, south end of the Dog Meadow
- Western Tanager - one calling from along the main road at 6:30 a.m.
I was also at the park yesterday afternoon in the heat. Strangely, it was
birdier yesterday than this morning. Birds seen yesterday but not today
included one VAUX'S SWIFT, one WILLOW FLYCATCHER, one BLACK-THROATED GRAY
WARBLER, and our First of Fall (*FOF*) LINCOLN'S SPARROW.
Beside the swift, flycatcher, and Black-throated Gray, other misses today
included Glaucous-winged Gull (though we did have two very distant gulls on
the lake), Green Heron, Cooper's Hawk, Red-tailed Hawk, Barn Owl, Barn
Swallow, Brown Creeper, Savannah Sparrow, Red-winged Blackbird,
Orange-crowned Warbler, Wilson's Warbler, and Black-headed Grosbeak.
That's a LOT of missed species; birds seen this week of the year in at
least half of the years I've been doing the survey.
For the day, we managed 45 species plus the gulls.
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters