[Tweeters] Fwd: Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-10-27
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:05:36 PDT 2022
Tweets - It was a blustery fall day today, and the ari was so fresh and
clear! So, so, so much more pleasant than last week's fog+SMOKE. The
river is still very low, but it's at least 5 inches higher than last week
with a little water flowing over the weir for the first time in months.
Not tremendously birdy today, and the birds came in clusters. But not bad
- Common Loon - One seen on a late scan of the lake; First for 2022! (
- Double-crested Cormorant - One from Lake Platform - First of Fall (
- Sharp-shinned Hawk - Very active juvenile dancing with the crows near
- Great Horned Owl - Matt had one near the start of the boardwalk
- Pileated Woodpecker - One across the slough in distant snags
- Merlin - Nice looks at the beginning of our walk
- American Crow - Very numerous and active
- American Robin - Twice as many as there were crows!
- Western Meadowlark - Three in the East Meadow, then over towards the
model airplane field
In an abbreviated walk late yesterday afternoon I had:
- Hermit Thrush - Two near the east end of the boardwalk (*FOF*)
- European Starling - But none seen today
- Lincoln's Sparrow - Two in East Meadow, one in Pea Patch
Misses for yesterday and today combined included Western Grebe,
Short-billed Gull, Ring-billed Gull, (though we did have a very few "Black
wing-tipped Gulls" today of uncertain species), Cooper's Hawk, Downy
Woodpecker, Northern Shrike, and Pine Siskin.
For the day, 55 species. Adding yesterday's birds, 58 species.
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters