[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-10-13
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:42:42 PDT 2022
Tweets - It was cold enough this morning that we lingered wherever we found
sun to linger in. There weren't huge numbers of birds, and if we hadn't
kept stopping to warm up we would have finished far too quickly. Long
stretches of Not Much, but there were some birds including four species of
goose, four species of woodpecker, and eight species of sparrow.
- Snow Goose - One juvenile in slough, with Canadas. Also there
yesterday. First of Fall (*FOF*)
- Greater White-fronted Goose - Two flew over the Viewing Mound just
before sunrise (*FOF*)
- American Wigeon - Small number heard flying overhead pre-dawn
- American Coot - Four in slough (*FOF*)
- American Pipit - Unknown number flying around Viewing Mound pre-dawn.
Caught sight of a few in flight
- White-throated Sparrow - One near the Dog Area porta-potties (*FOF*)
A late scan of the lake turned up a few RING-NECKED DUCKS in the NE corner
of the the lake, and a WILSON' S SNIPE flying past the Lake Platform. Two
other species were seen too far south for the Marymoor list: one Marsh
Wren, and nine RUDDY DUCKS.
Misses today included Gadwall, Western Grebe, Ring-billed Gull, California
Gull, Northern Harrier, Cooper's Hawk, Barn Owl, Chestnut-backed
Chickadee*, Bushtit*, Marsh Wren*, Cedar Waxwing*, and Lincoln's Sparrow.
The ones above marked with an asterisk* were birds I did see yesterday.
Other birds I had 10/12 but not today included CALIFORNIA SCRUB-JAY and
For the day, 51 species (and 57 for the week).
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters