[Tweeters] Rock Wren at Double Bluff beach

BRAD Liljequist bradliljequist at msn.com
Thu Nov 10 22:05:17 PST 2022

Hi Tweets,

Spent the afternoon walking the Double Bluff beach today. At about 2:30, rounding the corner to the longer straight section, there is a ravine that come down through the bluff with a lone 30' highish evergreen at the end (I neglected to note species). In a mixed flock including House Finches, there was a clear lone Rock Wren - very good views, including knee bobs. An unexpected surprise.

A good group of Common Loons present, including one calling, as well as a healthy posse of 17 Harlequins.

At twilight a large group of Orcas were putting on a show at Point no Point - all sorts of happy antics - apparently a subgroup of J pod per Orca Network. I was sad I wasn't there (I nearly went there instead), but hey that Wren sure was neat!

Lovely day --

Brad Liljequist
Phinney Ridge
Seattle