[Tweeters] Sapsucker ID help

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 22:19:08 PDT 2022

Howdy!

Still working through blog posts for my recent trip to Klickitat, and I'm realizing I'm a little stuck on a sapsucker. It struck me as not a Red-breasted Sapsucker - the one I thought I was more familiar with! So it went on my list as Red-naped. But then it seemed like too much yellow on the breast for Red-naped. Then I pulled up an image search for hybrids, started reading a blog post and passed out halfway through one of the feather words. Likely "auricu.." yeah that was it.

I've moved this right into the sp? column, but would love to get educated on this bird! Pictures at: eBird Checklist - 8 May 2022 - Glenwood Mill Pond - 15 species (+1 other taxa)<https://ebird.org/checklist/S109410435>. Single picture, but just one with lighting and color cranked up.

Cheers,

Tim Brennan
Renton
[https://ebird.orghttps//static.ebird.org/images/graphics/logo-ebird-1200.png]<https://ebird.org/checklist/S109410435>
eBird Checklist - 8 May 2022 - Glenwood Mill Pond - 16 species<https://ebird.org/checklist/S109410435>
Hiding a checklist will exclude the taxa on it from all forms of eBird output that show a location (including bar charts, maps, and arrival/departure tables), but the observation will still be accessible to you, and will appear on your lists.
ebird.org