[Tweeters] Port Orchard heronry apparently abandoned

Diane Yorgason-Quinn avosetta at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 12 16:31:47 PST 2022

The Port Orchard heronry directly south of Etta Turner Park appears to have been abandoned. Faye Hands and I checked it out a couple of weeks ago and found it empty and were hoping it was just early. But today, we counted 32 nests, none occupied. There were zero herons in the area. A Bald Eagle flew over the general area.

Diane Yorgason-Quinn
Avosetta at hotmail.com

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail> Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>