[Tweeters] Unknown Hawk

J. Acker Owler at sounddsl.com
Sat Mar 12 08:24:11 PST 2022

I’m not so sure about imm Red-Shouldered. This bird appears to be a buteo, and a chunky one. Red shoulders are more slender / less bulky looking. Also the number and width of the tail bars is not matching up with the photos I have viewed online of red-shouldered. Additionally, the cere should be yellowish in a red-shouldered and this photo has an all dark bill and cere.
But I am confused as to what this bird is also.

J. Acker
Owler at sounddsl.com
Bainbridge Island, WA
Sent from Mail for Windows