[Tweeters] Canada Goose eggs already?

LMarkoff canyoneagle at mycci.net
Mon Mar 7 17:07:30 PST 2022

Are there Wild Turkeys in that area? And if so, has WITU breeding season started there? (Turkey breeding season has already kicked in here.)

I think WITU eggs look similar to Canada Goose eggs, although I could be mistaken. When I lived in Eugene, Oregon, I had many Turkeys in my yard. One time I found two large eggs on the ground. A friend of mine who raises Turkeys confirmed for me that they were Turkey eggs. I wonder if the egg you saw might be from a Turkey? Just a thought.

Lori Markoff

Citrus Heights, CA