[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-06-16
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:45:27 PDT 2022
Well, we FINALLY had nice weather on a Thursday. Feels like it's been
forever. Still not exactly warm (50 degrees to start), but otherwise quite
pleasant. We had a couple of sprinkles which moved on to make a full
rainbow, which was pretty cool. Fairly birdy, though as almost always in
June our species count was less than 60.
- Wood Duck - Female with 10 tiny ducklings in the slough
- Common Merganser - Female with 2 tiny ducklings across from the Rowing
- Eurasian Collared-Dove - One flew down the East Meadow
- CASPIAN TERN - We had somewhere around 20 BIRDS (broken up into small
groups), all ll flying north. Hard to know if there were duplicates
- Great Blue Heron - Fledged young along the slough, nests still quite
- Hairy Woodpecker - Adult with apparent juvenile, plus one more
sighting; first sightings since February!
- WESTERN KINGBIRD - One in the East Meadow.
- Warbling Vireo - One singing on a nest at the Rowing Club
- RED-EYED VIREO - One calling (not singing) at the south end of the Dog
Meadow. First of Year (*FOY*)
- Bullock's Oriole - Adult with apparent juvenile. Later, female with
- Lazuli Bunting - Multiple males, one female
We had baby birds of no less than 11 species today.
Unlike last week, we got looks at most of the birds today, Quite nice when
Misses today included Canada Goose, Rock Pigeon, Black Swift, Green Heron,
Belted Kingfisher, and Cliff Swallow.
For the day, 58 species.
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters