[Tweeters] Birding in Costa Rica, 2022

Scott Ramos lsr at ramoslink.info
Sat Jun 18 09:38:34 PDT 2022

In late April-early May this year, I joined a birding trip to Costa Rica
with folks from Seattle and nearby, organized by Toby Ross on the fledgling
outing of his new company, Alight Tours. We covered much of the country,
visiting various habitats, and ended up seeing half of Costa Rica's birds.
Travel included north and south Pacific coastlines, the Caribbean
flatlands, and mountainous areas in the north and central ranges. With
about 450 species observed, I added 200 lifers on the journey.

Many of the birds seen are included in this Flickr album:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzQVA7. Perhaps you can get a vicarious feeling of
the richness of the Costa Rica fauna. Definitely a worthwhile place to
visit should you get the opportunity.

Scott Ramos
Seattle