[Tweeters] Clark County Rarities

Kevin Black kevblack787 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:23:23 PDT 2022

Hi All,

A summary of recent few days of rarities in Clark County. I haven't seen
all of these birds (though did see the BTSP).

Black-Throated Sparrow found by Liam Hutcheson on 05/29/2021 singing and
foraging in gravel behind entrance/green gate to Shillappoo off of NW Erwin
O Reiger Memorial Hwy.
45°41'53.9"N 122°43'59.5"W
Continuing as of yesterday as far as I've heard from other Clark County
birders.

Black Tern Found by Russ Koppendreyer (I believe) at Shillapoo, later seen
by Clark County birders with Foresters Tern at Vancouver Lake Flushing
Channel yesterday 6/1. Unsure if continuing

Great-tailed Grackle-found yesterday by Jared Stawderman and continuing
TODAY at Steigerwald NWR. They are being seen in parking lot and moving to
other areas around Steigerwald.

White-faced Ibis also showing up at Steigerwald NWR sightings in Ebird
since Saturday 5/28.Clark County birders have seen it on Red-tailed Lake on
Monday. Unsure if continuing-sightings seem to have stopped since Monday.

Stuck working at home,
--
Kevin Black
Vancouver, WA