[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-07-28
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:35:52 PDT 2022
Tweets - It was sunny, hot, and quiet at the park this morning. 64 degrees
at the start, but pretty quickly into the mid-70s and maybe higher.
Remarkably free of ...
- Gadwall - at least one male in the slough, but tough ID in eclipse
- Great Blue Heron - heard at least one juvenile on the nests still, but
very few (<10) GBHE total
- Green Heron - one juvenile just above the weir
- Barn Owl - Matt had one pre-dawn at the south end of the East Meadow
- Hairy Woodpecker - adult male at start of boardwalk
- Black-throated Gray Warbler - probably two, probably both juveniles,
across the slough from the Rowing Club dock
- Black-headed Grosbeak - one at east end of boardwalk. Had none last
Several juvenile BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS being fed; towhee, song sparrow, and
junco may all have been subjected to this chore.
Very few swallows around (fewer than 15 birds combined). Our first week of
the summer without Bullock's Oriole, Lazuli Bunting.
Misses included Hooded Merganser, Rock Pigeon, Spotted Sandpiper, and
Despite that short list of misses, just 56 species. That's why we call
these the summer doldrums.
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters