[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-07-21
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 15:18:58 PDT 2022
Tweets - Another gorgeous summer day, with temps running from 60-70
degrees, and few clouds. Fairly birdy. We're just beginning to get the
start of post-breeding dispersal, so we had a few birds we haven't seen in
- Gadwall - One female with Mallards. We probably often overlook these,
since they are hard to ID at this time of year
- Pied-billed Grebe - Two from Lake Platform. First since mid-May
- Virginia Rail - At least 4, and we got to see the one on our side of
the slough near the start of the boardwalk. First since mid-May
- Spotted Sandpiper - One on weir. Our only other sighting for 2022 was
- Green Heron - Finally, one below weir, one at Rowing Club. First of
- Red-breasted Sapsucker - At least three
- Hairy Woodpecker - Two, completing our 4 woodpecker species day
- Violet-green Swallow - ONLY ONE
- BANK SWALLOW - One from Lake Platform (*FOY*). Only our 13th record
for this species at Marymoor
- Swainson's Thrush - Still quite a bit of singing, plus saw about 3 on
bug catching on the trail
- Purple Finch - Some singing, plus 3-4 juveniles in the East Meadow
- Bullock's Oriole - Adult male(s), plus 1-2 more scattered around the
- Black-throated Gray Warbler - Two between Dog Meadow and slough
- Western Tanager - One or more at the Rowing Club
- Lazuli Bunting - One singing male, northwest corner of Dog Meadow near
Our mammal list included American Beaver, Raccoon, and Bat. We failed to
see a squirrel.
Misses today included Hooded Merganser, Rock Pigeon, Rufous Hummingbird,
Red-tailed Hawk, Barn Owl, Cliff Swallow, and Black-headed Grosbeak.
For the day, 60 species.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters