[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-07-14
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:30:21 PDT 2022
Tweets - A gorgeous day, but it's mid-July when the bird list is pretty
much fixed. We already know what we're going to see and we know surprises
are hard to come by. Birds were not as visible today as last week, and
nesting season is visibly winding down.
- Wood Duck - A new clutch of 6 tiny ducklings
- Black Swift - Once again, 3 Blacks under clear skies. Still
unexpected given the wonderful weather
- Vaux'x Swift - Only 1
- Rufous Hummingbird - Two or three. These are clearing out
- Caspian Tern - Maybe 7 total. 5th week in a row, which is unusual for
- Great Blue Heron - Very few nests still active. Total numbers seen
- Cooper's Hawk - One flew down Snag Row
- MERLIN - One eating a bird just south of Dog Central - First since
- Bullock's Oriole - Still 2-3, including an adult male
The other highlight today was a RACCOON just below the weir, our first
Misses today included Hooded Merganser, Pied-billed Grebe, Rock Pigeon,
Green Heron, Cliff Swallow, and Golden-crowned Kinglet. With the exception
of the Kinglet, these have all been notably scarce this year (with Green
Heron yet to be recorded).
For the day, 56 species.
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters