[Tweeters] Manx Shearwater book recommendation + BC nesting?

Josh Adams xjoshx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:48:11 PDT 2022

While I cannot speak much on Manx Shearwaters breeding in Alaska or
BC, I'd bet a significant amount of money that this species breeds in
Washington (assuming it hasn't already been confirmed?). For years
they were seen fairly reliably near areas that supported breeding
seabirds on the central Washington coast. In more recent years, a
number of sightings in Puget Sound during the summer months were
certainly interesting. Sightings the last two summers near Protection
and Smith islands (both also full of breeding seabirds) may indicate
that they're breeding on those islands as well and the Puget Sound
birds are just wanderers from those colonies.

Josh Adams
Cathcart, WA