[Tweeters] Seeking community science volunteers for bird-window collision research

Josh Morris joshm at seattleaudubon.org
Fri Jul 22 13:26:55 PDT 2022

Hi Tweeters,

The Seattle Bird Collision Monitoring Project<https://seattleaudubon.org/our-work/conservation/urban-conservation/bird-safe-cities/seattle-bird-collision-monitors/> is gearing up for its fall 2022 field season. We are seeking community science volunteers to help us document bird-window collisions in Seattle.

I’m hosting a prospective volunteer information session<https://secure.everyaction.com/sp9RNyw5zkWMJ6hExzBzRw2#!> on August 10 from 6-7 PM if you’d like to learn more.
This fall, we will monitor a set of buildings in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle and on the University of Washington campus. The season will run for 45 days from September 8-Oct. 22. Volunteers will be asked to commit to complete a weekly monitoring shift between 8 am-12 pm.
Here are some other key dates/details about the upcoming season:
Volunteer info session
August 10, 6-7 PM (online, optional)
Volunteer orientation
August 24, 6-7 PM (online, optional)
Field Training
August 27. Various times. (in-person, required)
First day of monitoring
September 8
Last day of monitoring
October 22
Survey window
8:00 am-12:00 pm (suggested)
Survey locations
Capitol Hill, Seattle
University of Washington, South Campus
Carcass persistence study
Yes, time TBD
Fun bird outing
Oct. 8, time TBD (optional)
Thank you! Feel free to email me directly with any questions.
Sincerely,
Josh
Joshua Morris (he/him)
Urban Conservation Manager