[Tweeters] unusual unidentified wail

Scott Ramos lsr at ramoslink.info
Fri Jul 1 19:30:16 PDT 2022

While camping near Liberty a couple weeks ago, I was awakened close to
midnight by a pair of Great Horned Owls dueting with their typical calls.
Interspersed with their vocalizations was another call that I have never
heard before. It took me a while to get my senses together and make a
recording, still in my tent.

This audio has only two of the wails, but there were maybe a dozen that
preceded these. I don't believe it is even a bird, even though it was
happening during the owl conversation. None of my bird experts had any
ideas, other than concern for my welfare!
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/122222759

Any suggestions from our knowledgeable community?
Thanks,
Scott Ramos
Seattle