[Tweeters] Varied Thrushes Visit

Tom Benedict benedict.t at comcast.net
Fri Dec 23 06:43:59 PST 2022

After all these reports, I’m curious as to where all these birds are coming from. Are these birds moving locally from higher places to lower places? Or are they northern birds pushed south (or eastern pushed west)?

In my experience Varied Thrushes seem to “appear” during cold/snowy spells. But where are they the rest of the time? Hidden in plain sight?

Population movements, especially rapid changes, are fascinating. How much do we know about this kind of behavior?

Tom Benedict
Seahurst, WA