[Tweeters] Sustainable sources for suet and seed

Shelf Life Community Story Project info at shelflifestories.com
Sat Dec 17 14:44:39 PST 2022

Hi all

I know not all tweeters have bird feeders, but for those who do…

I finally found sources that do not package their products in single-use plastic. I’m not promoting these folks for any personal gain; I just hate single use plastic and find that suet containers are especially hard to clean, so they just end up in the landfill.

I’ve been getting my suet from this small biz in Vancouver, WA - she wraps the suet cakes in parchment paper. https://www.etsy.com/shop/WildForNature <https://www.etsy.com/shop/WildForNature>

And I get seed cylinders from these people. If you request it, in a note to the seller, when you make a purchase, they’ll wrap the cylinders in parchment paper only.
https://www.backyardtailz.com/product-page/wild-bird-seed-cylinder-4-dia-x-7-tall-attracts-all-beak-sizes <https://www.backyardtailz.com/product-page/wild-bird-seed-cylinder-4-dia-x-7-tall-attracts-all-beak-sizes>

Both of them make their own from scratch, and they are a big hit at our feeders.

Jill