[Tweeters] After a Frantic Year, It’s Time for ‘Slow Birding’

Debbie Mcleod skepsou at icloud.com
Sat Dec 17 10:36:52 PST 2022

When this past year began, I had just moved to an apartment complex that does not allow bird feeders.
I had to adjust to the fact I could no longer lure birds to me (I was really spoiled at my previous location, being able to see all the action at my feeders even while indoors.)
But I am lucky to have a small patio with some lovely trees between me and a river trail. Now I am enjoying the challenge of locating and identifying the birds as I sit on my patio and they move through my patch. Slowly discovering the diversity of birds living their everyday lives all around me has been so rewarding.
And the Merlin sound ID has been really helpful.