[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-08-18
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:51:35 PDT 2022
Tweets - Warm, muggy, breezeless, cloudy, August. These do not make for a
great day of birding. It was super quiet, but we did have quite a few
people and many eyes, so we found a few birds.
- Spotted Sandpiper - one at the weir
- Caspian Tern - one flying high towards the lake
- Green Heron - probably two birds, 3+ sightings total
- Osprey - one nest is done for the year, the other has two
- Five Woodpecker Day - though only seven individuals combined
- Merlin - one being chased off by Purple Martins near weir
- Peregrine Falcon - one flew west over NW part of Dog Meadow
- Warbling Vireo - two seen
- AMERICAN REDSTART - one seen for about 10 seconds at Rowing Club dock,
only our 4th record for the park
Unfortunately, there were only three of us at the Rowing Club for the
American Redstart, and I don't think Brian got a very satisfactory look.
For the most part, birds were quiet AND invisible. We *saw* only one or
two individuals for a whopping 30 species (sometimes hearing a few more),
with 5 more species heard-only!
Misses included Pied-billed Grebe, Rock Pigeon, Cooper's Hawk, Violet-green
Swallow, Brown-headed Cowbird, Black-throated Gray Warbler, Wilson's
Warbler, and Black-headed Grosbeak.
We did see beaver and deer (one each).
For the day, 55 species of birds.
- Michael Hobbs
- BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters