[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2022-08-04
birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:54:45 PDT 2022
Tweets - The weather was gray and unsettled, but the rain held off all
morning. Breeding is mostly done at Marymoor, with only the Osprey still
visibly feeding unfledged young. For a while it seemed like we were only
on the losing end of Post-breeding Dispersal, but by the end of the day,
we'd had a few post-breeding visitors ourselves.
- Hooded Merganser - One a Rowing Club was the first since May
- RED-NECKED GREBE - One on the lake, our earliest fall sighting ever
for this species
- American Coot - A late scan of the lake turned up one, first since
- Spotted Sandpiper - Two unspotted birds on the weir
- California Gull - About 10 on the lake, many of them juveniles
- Caspian Tern - At least 4 over the lake
- Green Heron - One juvenile on the old Beaver lodge opposite Dog Central
- Cooper's Hawk - I had one after the survey
- Barn Owl - Matt had one pre-dawn from the Lake Platform (!)
- Western Screech-Owl - Matt heard one pre-dawn
- Cliff Swallow - Two in SE part of the park; first in 5 weeks
- Orange-crowned Warbler - One in nice mixed flock south of East Meadow
- Black-throated Gray Warbler - At least one in the same mixed flock
- Wilson's Warbler - At least one in the same mixed flock as well
Misses today included Killdeer, Warbling Vireo, Golden-crowned Kinglet,
Brown-headed Cowbird, and Black-headed Grosbeak.
We also missed Tree Swallows for the first time since early March, as
expected. We've only had about a dozen Tree Swallow sightings ever after
the end of July.
For the day, counting three species I added late, 59 species.
= Michael Hobbs
= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters