[Tweeters] Seattle Tufted Puffin and Manx Shearwater, August 29

Raphael Fennimore raphael.fennimore at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:26:43 PDT 2022

Fellow Citizens Of Tweetersopolis,

This morning, August 29th, a few of us saw an adult TUFTED PUFFIN flying southbound from Seattle’s Discovery Park just before 9am, a bit closer to us than mid-Sound!! I stayed until almost 11am but did not see the puffin come back north.

Also noteworthy was a northbound MANX SHEARWATER observed just before 8am! Visibility was excellent, and we were able to watch it for 13+ minutes as it passed (we had picked it up well south of the park and eventually lost it well to our north).

A few BAIRD’S SANDPIPERS continue on the north and south beaches (moving around in response to passing people and dog traffic), and several SEMI-PALMATED PLOVERS flew past us southbound as well.

Fun times!

Raphael