[Tweeters] Black Headed Grosbeak female today 8/20/2022

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 15:59:28 PDT 2022

There are a lot of immature Black-headed Grosbeaks moving through at this time of year. We have had 2-3 in the yard every day in Maple Leaf since August 5th, I suspect the same birds. We have always had them in August, but I have never seen them so consistently, eating, drinking and bathing.

Immatures have fresh unworn feathers; adult females will be somewhat worn at this time of year.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle