[Tweeters] S 204th in Kent ; 8.18.22

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Thu Aug 18 15:01:23 PDT 2022

I had a banner morning at S 204th St (west of Frager Rd) in Kent today. Tallied 45 species while standing on the road. The RED-SHOULDERED HAWK (Day #11) was in view almost the entire time, from 7AM-11AM. The trees were loaded with passerines. WARBLERS included: ORANGE-CROWNED, YELLOW, BLACK-THROATED GRAY & COMMON YELLOWTHROAT. Along with BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEES, there were several CHESTNUT-BACKED CHICKADEES, a species I had never before seen at this location. GREAT BLUE HERON, GREEN HERON and AMERICAN BITTERN showed themselves. Shorebirds were well represented with KILLDEER, LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER - 4, GREATER & LESSER YELLOWLEGS & 6 WESTERN SANDPIPERS. There may also have been a LEAST SANDPIPER.

3 videos - [ https://flic.kr/ps/376fhN | https://flic.kr/ps/376fhN ]

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com

....that the elected might never form to themselves an interest separate from the electors ...
- Thomas Paine, from Common Sense