[Tweeters] Do videos show ivory-billed woodpecker, or is it extinct?

Jeff Gilligan jeffgilligan10 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 23:12:34 PDT 2022

The guy suggesting it ”could be anything” and that “there are more convincing photos of a Sasquatch” really should be ignored based on those inane comments alone.

The video of a bird flying to and landing on tree that was shot from above is very intriguing. The large amount of white on the upper wings certainly rules out Wood Duck. If I had to bet, I would think the video is of a Red-headed Woodpecker though. I assume that the size of the bird in comparison to the limb it landed on could be definitive.

Jeff Gilligan
Willapa Bay