[Tweeters] Smith Island Puffin Tour ...

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Sat Aug 13 21:12:34 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Just got home from a Puffin Tour out of Skyline Marina in Anacortes.
Wonderful late afternoon/early evening trip on the water. Got to see
MANY puffins and even saw the HOPU. Plus many other sites. The seas
were extra calm and the weather was "open clouds" making for excellent
light. The boat crew from Outer Islands did a marvelous job getting
us close (but not so close it threatened the birds) and then just
letting the boat drift while everyone got to see the birds/whatever
and take pictures and get out their binocs etc.

Gary - I posted on eBird ... from Smith Island. Please check and
tell me if it got tagged for the right County.
- Jim