[Tweeters] Enumclaw airport update

Vicki vickibiltz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:20:38 PDT 2022

Hi, so, I attended the meeting, which was chaos, and the speaker discussed
too many things on his agenda, which ticked me off.
But, the 6 mile area touches near the west side of Lake Tapps, takes over
part of the Green River, and touches the north east part of Enumclaw.
Although Veazie Marsh is not directly within the perimeter that was mapped
out, it would be terribly affected by this.
This airport is for CARGO, and the statement was, they are practically
giving the land away. It also butts up against Muckleshoots Amphitheater.
Makes me wonder whose land they plan on including here.
This is a flat area, for the most part and great winter birding is
scattered everywhere. And it is mostly pasture and farmland they will be
of course whittling away at more precious open space that needs protection.
Please contact the powers that be in your area and help fight this.
There is room at Paine Field, according to what was shared.
Unfortunately very little information of substance was actually shared
at this meeting, which was outside with little ability to hear the majority
of the conversation.
Vicki Biltz
Buckley, WA 98321

vickibiltz at gmail.com