[Tweeters] Fwd: Cowbird Songs: How?

Elaine Chuang elc at uw.edu
Wed Aug 10 06:43:31 PDT 2022

The late Bob Sundstrom created an episode of BirdNote that touches on this adaptable specie’s path to vocalization. https://www.birdnote.org/listen/shows/cowbird-song-and-password. That episode references source material that will entice you down a proverbial rabbit-hole, including one by GrrlScientist <https://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/>: https://www.forbes.com/sites/grrlscientist/2017/05/11/cowbirds-secret-identity-is-unlocked-by-a-vocal-password/?sh=e75fb953ce38

Notably, this particular rabbit has just enjoyed thinking back on Bob via BirdNote (https://www.birdnote.org/birdnote-celebrates-work-bob-sundstrom), and thereby discovered that all BirdNote episodes are accessible in one, search-friendly place in addition to the venerable program itself: https://americanarchive.org/special_collections/birdnote

Elaine
Seattle
elc at uw dot org