[Tweeters] Snohomish County MacGillivray's Warbler

stan Kostka lynn Schmidt lynnandstan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 11:32:41 PDT 2022

Hi Tweets,

After nearly three decades here in the woods East of Bryant in North Snohomish County, additions to our yard list have become very few and far between indeed, so we were quite surprised and pleased to be visited by a MacGillivray’s Warbler yesterday morning. It ducked in and out of the brush at the south edge of the pond, just below our kitchen window. It perched momentarily in plain view, before flying north across the pond, and was gone. Had a good look at it with binocs from about twenty feet away. All the field marks checked out. And it flew rather weakly, just like the Song Sparrow that is now feeding young at the edge of the same pond. After looking at eBird, I was also surprised to see there are no reports yet for the east side of Puget Sound, so I thought it noteworthy enough to report here on Tweeters.

Looking forward to some warmer weather.

Stan Kostka
lynnandstan at earthlink.net
Arlington WA